Death of Conspiracy Theories

People who believe in secret, evil conspiracies amidst the government were dealt another boot to the head this week as several rather interesting stories began to surface. One was the fact that, apparently, several laptops and hard drives are missing from the Los Alamos nuclear research facility, and nobody has the slightest idea where they are. Second is the report that many, many secret documents are being inexplicably e-mailed to a school-girl in Britain, including such amusements as an exhaustive report on the entire defense communications infrastructure of New Zealand, assorted documents on errors in the British fleet, and, most embarassingly, several bits of copier humor. The school-girl, recipient of, at last count, 240 of these messages, has no idea why the person sending them refuses to admit he's got the wrong address in his mail-file, and would rather like to stop being sent this fun and informative stuff.

Clearly, the government can't possibly be conspiring to do much of anything major because they're so farking stupid.

Or are they? Is this really a sign that the Conspiracy is not merely existant, but their goals are so vast and mind-boggling that all of these disappearing bits of information, and random discoveries of sensitive bits, all actually make perfect sense... if you're Illuminated?

Yeah, I bought GURPS Illuminati. So sue me.

Although, really, the two mentioned stories are apparently true. How did we let these idiots get jobs, anyway?

In other news, I've submitted to the incessant pestering, and am now running a blog, Supervillainy for Dummies, wherein I will deposit all the kernels of wisdom which are too, well, kernelly for this journal.

I know, I know.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT