I hate it here

No, no. I don't really. But that's the title of a keen vaguely comic book like thing which came out this week. It's a Transmetropolitan tie-in, and, the lead character of Transmet being a columnist, this tie-in is just... bits of columns, with accompanying art by a bunch of random artists. It was surly and highly amusing, which is why we love it so.

Gundam Wing #28 - "Passing Destinies"

Revenge of the Stock Footage!

Well, Treys is puttering about the Foundation's estate, in, of all things, a horse-drawn carriage, as he muses on the story so far. Yes, Treys is our narrator for ANOTHER recap episode, this one filling in for the last thirteen.

Our one-line revelation from this episode - Treys really respects the purity of a warrior's soul in battle, and, er, that's about it, really.

He seems to genuinely respect the Gundam pilots, too, not merely because they're worthy enemies, but because of their dogged perserverance.

At the end of the recap, Treys, now confined to a single, somewhat isolated building on the Foundation's grounds, muses on the death (or so he thinks) of Lady Une. And watches BASIC code flash over his computer monitor. Why, when someone in anime is looking at a computer monitor, is what shows up ALWAYS BASIC code? It's one of the great mysteries of life.

But, as Treys muses, and thinks of the reason why he's not concerned about being imprisoned (he's got a Gundam of his own in the basement), a woman comes up behind him and remarks on the stock villain line - "Everything is proceeding according to your plan, sir".

Treys muses that all the actors for the third act are now in place, and he needs merely to wait for the curtain to rise.

Well, heck, I sure hope so. Sheesh. Stupid recap episodes...

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT