Beep... beep... beep...

In the "y'all are just sorry" category, this weekend marked the coming of a new nemesis to Tallahassee, a super-villain worthy of Costume Boy (who, lately, has been dressing up as Superman again). Yes, the Car-Horn Terror has come to our fair city! Everyone in New York is no doubt laughing hysterically now ("We got your car horns RIGHT HERE.") but they should remember that, down here, our parking towers tend to be larger than the surrounding buildings, thus making it difficult to hurl bricks down at people who insist on sitting up in them and beeping.

The Car-Horn Terror's secret origin, as far as I was able to piece it together after the incident, went something like this. Mild-mannered Random Girl goes to party, along with others. Random Girl becomes drugged out of her leetle mind with something or other, and has a disagreement with someone else. Random Girl decides the best way to solve this disagreement is to wander up into the parking lot next door, sobbing all the way, get into her car, and beep the car horn... for hours on end... Beep. Beep. Beepity-beepity-beep. Beep. No doubt the police were eventually alerted to the presence of a super villain in the car park, and eventually they did come around (obviously the good people of the area don't know how to properly get the police inspired to investigate something, so they took their time). And this stopped the beeping. For about a half hour. Luckily, when I went to bed around 3 AM (I tend to keep late hours on a weekend) I was tired enough, and well insulated within my domiscile, that the beeping was a pleasant background wibble, although it was at the four hour mark by that point and still going quite strong.

Will party drugs once again bring out the Car-Horn Terror, or will Costume Boy rid the city of this scourge? Find out next time on... Wheel of Wackiness!

Gundam Wing #25 - "Quatre VS Heero"

Gee, wonder what happens in THIS episode...

Quatre and Heero fight a while. I'm sure you're shocked.

Quatre tries to talk Heero around to his (insane) point of view, but Heero will have none of it, and just keeps attacking, refusing to let Quatre shoot the colony (much) or get a decent break to rant in.

Meanwhile, Lady Une goes over the images her ships are sending back of the new Gundam, recognizing that since the colony hasn't been destroyed yet, the battle is still ongoing, even though they haven't heard from anyone involved in it for a while, due to all the Leo pilots being dead, and the Gundam pilots being a bit busy. Still, she orders the information forwarded to the moon base for further analysis... and is rather perturbed when she's informed the moon base is refusing to communicate.

On the moon base, Minister Tubarov (so that's his name! at last, I remember!) does the standard evil villain bit when he's informed that Barge insists they resume communications.

In the cells, the Five Doctors and the two Gundam pilots finally start passing out from lack of oxygen.

Around this time, Duke Damaio (sp?) is addressing the heads of the Foundation, going on about his plan to deploy Mobile Dolls to all the regions of Earth to impress everyone with OZ's power, and to restore traditional government to the world, et cetera. Treys wanders in, and the Duke remarks that he'll be counting on Treys to lead this new OZ plan. But Treys refuses, and launches into a long spiel about how he thinks that the only thing noble about war is the spirit of the individual warrior, how he thinks the Gundam pilots are the epitome of his personal ideals, and for this reason, he can't go along with the idea of completely mechanizing OZ's forces. The Duke wonders what the hell he's talking about, and puts him under house arrest.

Meanwhile, in space, Quatre's blasted Heero into the colony, Heero's shield is failing, and the armaments of his suit are revealed to be pitifully inadequate against the Wing Zero. Quatre offers, one last time, for Heero to join him, but Heero will have none of it. So, Quatre fires the big-ass gun, only to be interrupted by... Trowa! Trowa moves his suit into the path of the beam, sparing Heero, but getting further battered. Heero takes Trowa's gun and fires it off, knocking the big-ass gun from Quatre's grip, but this overloads Trowa's suit. Heero tells Trowa to bail out, but instead, Trowa just fires his thrusters and zips off into space. Quatre snaps out of his funk a bit, realizing Trowa needs to be saved, but before he can do anything, Heero pounces and starts beating on him again, hurling him into the colony air-lock, which closes to seal them both in.

Quatre tries to get out to save Trowa, but Heero just keeps fighting him until finally his Mercurius is too battered to continue. Trowa, meanwhile, gets on the radio and explains that the Gundam pilots are now irrelevant since the colonies have sided with OZ. So, essentially, he'll just die. His suit blows up, but, like a true bad-ass, he's not even scratched, but just ends up floating around in his space-suit.

The Barge, meanwhile, has moved into the orbit of the moon, and the moon base is coming in range of its mighty beam cannon. This naturally causes the moon's defenders to wet themselves and send out everything they've got. Une, as well, has realized that it's time to fight. She has a last conversation with Tubarov that goes pretty much the same as the conversation between Treys and the Duke. And off she goes with her space Leo troops. The Taurus mobile dolls blow up some Leos, then head after the Barge, like Une has planned. It's just a decoy. Meanwhile, she and her surviving troops break into the moon base. She sends her minions off to destroy the Mobile Doll factory, but the new-model Mobile Dolls are already being activated and the minions are quickly destroyed. She herself gets out of her suit and heads to the prison control room, where she turns the oxygen back on to all the cells. Tubarov shows up, and they have another little bit of banter, which distracts him as Une pushes the "open all cells" button on the console (it's a villain-built prison, of course it has a conveniently-placed, explicitly-labelled "open all cells" button). Then she turns, tells him that there's no way their positions can be reconciled, and that he should just shoot her. Which he does. Oops. Une decides to have a nice lie down and quietly bleed to death.

Yeah, like she's really gonna die.

Meanwhile, the two new Gundams are deployed, even though they're only about 70 percent complete, and commence to whupping butt on the new mobile dolls. Duo and Wu Fei happily blow things up for a bit.

Quatre, in the colony, seems to be back to normal, and takes care of the battered Heero.

Next time: More boom!

Dragonball Z

Yes, there's more! This weekend, we got a sneak peek at the new Garlic Jr Filler Saga!

Garlic Jr is the villain from the Dragonball Z movie, Dead Zone, and one of the few villains to ever successfully acquire and use all of the Dragonballs. He wished for immortality, but was then trapped in an extra-dimensional space of his own creation, supposedly for eternity. But now he's back, and he's really pissed off, and he wants to take over the world... Specifically, through Kami's position. Kami and Garlic Jr's father (who was, I guess, just Garlic) were rivals for the position of Guardian of the Earth, Kami as the good guy, and Garlic as the devil-type. Garlic was defeated, but sent his son for revenge... It's almost a biblical sort of thing, I guess.

We open with Garlic Jr and minions hitting poor, defenseless people, and with Garlic Jr going off on a gratuitous bit of exposition for the benefit of anyone who didn't see Dead Zone. "Yes, while I was locked away in the Dead Zone, I suffered, and came up with a plan, an EVIL plan, and I will make everyone suffer, for my plan is evil, and they will all suffer, and the people who are suffering will be them! Not me! Them! For I am evil, as I have stated explicitly! And so is my plan! To create suffering! For the people of Earth!" Or something like that.

Elsewhere, Gohan is jogging with a sabre-toothed tiger. You should know by now not to question these things. He ditches the tiger, and goes for a swim, where he hunts down a few giant sea monsters and kills them. Krillan shows up, looking spiffy in an all-white suit with a big hat to go along with it, and looks rather surprised at Gohan's pile of giant sea monsters. "Fish for dinner for a while," Gohan explains. He tries to pester Krillan to come swimming with him, but Krillan can't - for one, the threads, bro. For two, he's managed to pick up a girlfriend, who's waiting in the car. She comes down to pester him and flirts with Gohan just to make Krillan jealous. Krillan does what he came to do, namely, invite Gohan to a party at the Kame House, but Gohan realizes he probably can't go, because his mother is rather surly, after all.

Meanwhile, up at Kami's sanctuary, Mr. Popo (snicker) is tending the flowers, when he notices... an evil presence! Da-dah! Garlic Jr and his new minions (the old ones having been wiped out in the movie) show up, and menace Popo a bit. Popo tries to make a break for it, but is caught. Garlic Jr asks him where Kami is... "But I don't know." "You lie!" "Mr. Popo NEVER lies!" "You know... for some reason, I believe you." "Yes, it's because I never lie!" Garlic Jr finally gets fed up and seals Mr. Popo away with his power.

At the Kame house, Kamesennin, Bulma, Yamcha, Yamcha's cat, and Oolong the Pig, plus Krillan and His Girl are hanging around. Krillan tries to explain his sudden acquisition of girl to everyone, but is hindered when she starts shamelessly flirting with Yamcha (which really annoys Bulma). Everyone eventually learns the shocking truth. She likes Krillan because... he's bald?

Up at the sanctuary, Kami shows up and faces down Garlic Jr. Because there hasn't been enough hitting in this episode, we get lots of flashbacks to the Dead Zone movie here, mostly hit-a-rama. Garlic Jr easily defeats Kami this time around, and seals him away.

Meanwhile, Gohan, denied the chance to go to the party by his mother, sneaks out anyway along with his pet, Icarus the dragon (another movie cameo! Icarus was introduced in the DBZ movie The Tree Of Life). Off they go.

Up at the sanctuary, Garlic Jr pokes around for one of his father's artifacts that was captured by Kami way back when. And, there it is, right out in the open. Even Garlic Jr remarks on what a pathetic job of hiding it Kami did. What is it? It's a big bottle 'o e-vil! Garlic Jr pops the cork and lets all the e-vil run out, no doubt so that we can have a big hero-vs-hero hit-fest next episode. Stock villain plots, fear their shorts!

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT