Deeply symbolic

Well, more car problems, hopefully of the amusingly odd variety this time. The brake light's gone on and won't come off, you see. Not only is this extremely confusing to the people behind me when driving, but it tends to run the battery down, resulting in, yesterday after work, me having to pester people to try and find someone who could jump-start my car, and, failing in that, finally having to pester AAA some more. I swear, never have I gotten so much value out of something as my Triple-A membership.

Since by the time this was sorted out it was already quite late, I drove around for a bit to charge the battery up again, then went home, eventually settling for removing the fuse from the fuse box to cut power to the brake light so it wouldn't run the battery out again.

So, today the car is in the shop, as continually removing and replacing that fuse would get Real Old, Real Fast. Ye Olde Car is about due for it's 30,000 mile checkup, too, so I figure I'll get that done, too. Figure things like that would catch problems like this before they become, well, problems. I just have this horrible image of going back over there and finding my car's electrical system strewn out over the inside of the garage, and the mechanic standing there with a baffled expression poking at it.

At least I'm once again grateful that I work literally right next door to an auto repair place. Convenience. Gotta love it. It's probably a stuck switch behind the brake pedal or something like that, anyway, but knowing how difficult it is to get at anything inside the guts of Ye Olde Car, I'll happily leave this one to the professionals.

Good thing I've got enormous credit limits. Oy.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT