Kowai

Hmmm. It's close to Halloween, so there's a vaguely costumey sort of theme going on in the office, to which my concession was wearing my 'League of Evil Geniuses' t-shirt. Yes, yes, I know, terribly impressive. (Or impressively terrible? You make the call.) It's not just enough to not try at all. No, no. For optimum slack factor, you've got to try really badly. This is your koan for the day.

Some woman brought her kid, dressed as Batman, thus showing a keen misunderstanding of comic bookdom. Now, Robin, that would be appropriate. Or even Nightwing. But Batman? He's too leetle.

Say I, Dr. Slack.

Anyway, I have achieved doomedness. My iMac, I have discovered, pulsates with nummy gaming goodness. How am I ever going to take over the world if I can't stop playing games?? Star Control 3... Myth II... Super Nintendo Emulation... a passle of good ol' Ambrosia shareware...

Mmm... let me wipe this drool off my chin, first...

So, other questions of the day. Why do I still write this journal, when most of what I seem to do is get snarky about the day's events? Well... um... frankly, it's because I enjoy the gloating rights I get from being the only one of the little journalling group that started out, so bold and full of life, to still keep updating every week-day. Well, Dirk might be updating, but his journal's too much of a pain to get to, so I don't know for sure.

In the end, there's no substitute for having something to gloat about.

In today's amusing tidbit, some geek site or the other is running a contest to see just how slow Windows NT can run. The test is, how long does it take the wonderful OS of doom to complete a soft reboot? The record is, currently, fourty-nine minutes and some number of seconds. Fourty-nine minutes. That's just amazingly slow. Like we didn't know this already, though.

Dragonball Z: "Pathos on Frieza"

Hunh?

Apparently, this must be the first episode of another season in the original Japanese run of this show, as they take a few minutes to explain, once more, the fact that the planet is going to explode, what all happened, et cetera. Snnooooorrrreee...

Goku and Frieza continue to whomp on each other with abandon, but Frieza seems to be getting the raw end of the fighting, despite his yelling that "I will never be defeated! I am INVINCIBLE!" or the like. Lots and lots and lots of them running around, whomping on each other. Finally, though, Goku just starts smacking the snot out of Frieza.

Blah, blah, King Kai blah, comment on fight, blah.

Back on Earth, Vegeta sulks a bit, while Bulma enacts a complex ritual involving a circle drawn in the earth and three leaves; it's simple, she explains, as a crowd of Nameks, well, crowd around (having nothing better to do while they wait for the stupid fight scene in the next studio to end). When you want someone to return from a trip, you set three leaves together in a circle, and light them on fire. If they burn up completely, the person will return safely. Dende generates a little ball of fire, and the leaves light... and then, predictably, a wind blows them away. Oops.

Gohan, however, says that there's no all-powerful force controlling their desti... er, wait. Gohan, however, says that that's crap, and his father will come back, just you wait.

Goku starts tormenting Frieza, having at last gained the edge on power. At last, cornering the villain, he remarks that it's done. Frieza yells at him to explain, and Goku shrugs, saying Frieza's power level has dropped to the point where there's no reason for him to fight any longer. It's over. Goku shifts out of his Super-Monkey form, tells Frieza to get out of his sight, or he'll REALLY pop open a big can of whup-ass, and flies off. Well, actually, he also adds in some stuff about having humiliated Frieza, et cetera, but who cares, right? Frieza, predictably, gets really pissed at this, and launches a remote controlled energy disc at Goku's back. Goku sees it, shifts back to Super-Monkey effortlessly, and gets REALLY annoyed. However, he does have this destructo-disc following him, so he zips around trying to avoid it, finally flying at Frieza in the now-patented 'hit the enemy with his own attack' maneuver, which Frieza, not being totally stupid, immediately recognizes.

Isn't that last minute up yet? When will the hurting stop?!

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT