An Auction Site Too Far

Two new auction sites that clearly pulsate with wackiness. The first, is some weirdo selling, and I swear I'm not making this up, the eggs of attractive and healthy women, in an auction format, on the web. Oookay. It's official, you can now buy EVERYTHING on the web. How long will it be before you can order up a Russian Bride (free shipping for all orders this year!) or a small Central American country over the web? Not long, I'd think.

Next, we have 'macauction.com'. No. Look, there's nothing wrong with the idea, but the market is so saturated with auction sites that it's really not worth it. Especially when you only have three sale listings, mostly for things like 'non-functioning powerbook, buy as is'. Yeeeeah. I'll buy that one for a dollar.

One horribly, horribly wrong, yet deviously original idea. One terribly drab, normal idea that's not objectionable in the slightest. Compare. Contrast. Essays are due by the end of class tomorrow. Hup!

Dragonball Z: "Gohan Returns"

Uh... Gohan left?

Anyway, much of the first part of this episode consists of Goku and Frieza howling at each other and battlin' like the wild and crazy guys they are. Goku, however, is surprised when Frieza simply moves out of the way of his attack, tackles him, and slams him down through the earth into the molten planetary core.

Meanwhile, Bulma pokes at the starship computer, and complains that the planet is about to blow up in only three minutes or so. Gohan, however, looks up suddenly, saying he can no longer sense his father's energy, which means that Frieza's won. Gohan prepares to go out and fight, telling Gohan to leave with Piccolo. Bulma questions Gohan's sanity, but he replies that he has to, because otherwise Frieza will follow him to Earth. Gohan flies off, leaving Bulma behind. AGAIN.

Back on Earth, the Eternal Dragon, Shen Lon, tries to fulfill the wish to resurrect everyone who was killed by Frieza. Nameks begin to come back to life, only to look around in shock, wondering what the point of this was, since the planet is about to blow up and kill them again.

Meanwhile, Frieza gloats, saying that he has, at last, slain Goku, but we don't believe him for a second. "I am invincible! I am the ruler of the universe!" Yeah, yeah, yeah. He remarks that he'd better leave the planet soon, as he no longer has enough power to survive the explosion. And then he looks up in shock, seeing someone approaching, only to laugh as he sees it's Gohan. He and Gohan engage in a bit of banter, then Gohan attacks... only to then run away. Frieza, irritated, chases, and smacks Gohan around a bit. It becomes obvious that Gohan isn't trying to fight, just delay Freiza so the villain will get caught in the explosion. And, surprisingly, Frieza actually figures this out, forcing Gohan to actually put up a bit of a fight.

Meanwhile, more people come back to life. Vegeta digs out of his grave and is extremely surprised at this turn of events. Also, the key player in all this, Guru, is restored to life, and the Namek Dragonballs begin to re-activate. On Earth, Shen Lon remarks that the wish is granted, and heads off to take a nap.

Gohan smacks the weakened Frieza around a bit, but eventually proves no match for the villain. However, to absolutely no-one's surprise, Goku takes this opportunity to rise up from the ocean (how'd he get there?) in a blaze of light. How'd that happen? Goku gets snippy with Gohan for not leaving like he was told to, already, and Gohan flies off, as Frieza and Goku get ready to fight some more. Woo hoo.

The Eternal Dragon of Namek is back, but who's going to use the last Wish? King Kaiou, being the brains behind all this, takes this opportunity to call up Guru to arrange a solution to this little problem...

Okay, we're down to TWO minutes, now. That makes one minute an episode so far. Yeeeeesh.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT