From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Marc-Alex Vezina)
Subject: Suggested headers
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 20:30:20 GMT
As promised, here's...
SUGGESTED LIST OF HEADERS FOR REC.GAMES.MECHA
I know, headers can be such a drag sometimes. But they do help clear the wire and they do wonders
when used with killfiles. Beside, if you use headers, you're a much nicer person. ^_^
The following headers are suggestions and recommendations based on conventions already in use (more
or less). Note that headers can be freely combined for more precise identification of content of post.
I do not claim to be the ultimate reference -- many may disagree with my choices. Likewise, I'm merely
suggesting the use of headers, not forcing them down people's throat screaming. ^_^'
The following only includes games that are frequently refered to in this newsgroup. Other games'
headers can be easily extrapolated (ex.: Rifts would be [RIFTS], GURPS Vehicle would be [GURPS],
and so on).
- Battletech (general) = [BTECH] or [BT]
- Battletech 3025 = [BT3025] or 
- Battletech 3050 = [BT3050] or 
- Battletech 3057 = [BT3057] or 
- CritterTek = [CTEK] (hey, you never know!)
- Heavy Gear = [HG]
- Heavy Gear Fighter = [HGF]
- Macross II = [MCII]
- Marauder 2107 = [M2107]
- Mecha! = [M!]
- Mekton II = [MKII]
- Mekton Zeta = [MKZ]
- Renegade Legion = [RL]
- Robotech = [RTECH] or [RT]
- Muse = [MUSE]
- General interest = [GENERAL]
This can be added to the above to bring additional precision.
- New vehicle design = [DESIGN]
- Flame-bait :P :) = [FLAME]
- Jokes, Prabal's songs = [HUMOR]
- Magazine-related ;) = [MAGAZINE]
- Information = [NEWS]
- Useless but fun tidbit = [NOISE]
- Request = [REQUEST]
- Optional Rules = [RULES]
- Story, fan-fiction = [STORY]
- Battletech (TV show) = [BT-SHOW] or [BT-TV]
- Gundam series (any) = [GUNDAM]
- Exo-Squad (TV show) = [XSQUAD]