A Superguy Series by
Dave Van Domelen
a.k.a. The Dvandroid
New Exarchs #15 added.
Late October 2007 saw a number of Superguy Authors rousing from their slumber
and posting for the first time in months, if not years, inspiring me to get
something posted myself. But I didn't really want to just continue "The Gods
Must Be Mad," or I wouldn't have stalled out in the first place, eh? So,
inspired in part by titles like New Excalibur and New Exiles, here's New
Voted Favorite Parody/Comedy Series in the 2007
Arc 1: Flash Drives
- "La Cosa Nostalgia": The thrilling climax to "The Gods
Must Be Mad," followed by the inevitable letdown, hiatus, and lurching
towards a revival!
- "Cheeezballs!": As the remnants of the Exarchs track down
clues to the mysterious death of one of their own, a new threat emerges!
- "Literary Devices": A little foreshadowing, a lot of
flashbacks, and the revelation that KSU has a Mad English Department! Well,
that last bit isn't too important to the plot, but people might be interested
in knowing about it.
- "Something Smells Here": The flashback ends, but there's
even more foreshadowing, and one of the main antagonists stands revealed!
- "Tea and Exposition": A bit of flashback to catch up with
the squirrels, and then a bunch of exposition. Well, it has to go somewhere,
right? The exposition, that is, not the squirrels. The squirrels don't
have to go anywhere, although just try and stop 'em from going
wherever they want. I swear....
- "Storage (Blood)shed": It's still October 28, 2007, and
it's time for a fight scene AND a guest star!
- "A New Month": Yay, the calendar advances! And it's time
for the Exarchs to decide if they want to be proactive or reactive...but the
decision might be taken out of their hands!
- "Quantity Surveying": Action-packed consumer survey
administration! But first, previews of coming attractions....
- "Cheeezed Off": Finally, the Exarchs head off for
000SUPERDRY! But they may not get very far, if Sung the Stainless has his
- "Clay Pigeons": A one-off gag starts to take over the
book, while the Exarchs find themselves on the dreaded Clay Flats of Sango.
All this, and yet another squirrel faction!
- "Getting Squirrelly": The fate (or at least current
disposition) of Paul Oakthorn is revealed! More squirrels! Lots of
exposition! And a Weird Al reference!
- "Waiting for Gouda": Meanwhile, back in 000SUPERGUY,
Hans Zwarghoff faces two adorable children. He's SO doomed.
- "What Hiatus?": Zwarghoff solves the mystery of why the
Exarchs haven't returned and starts taking steps to deal with it. Meanwhile,
the Exarchs deal with the future King of Suede.
- "Squirrelled Traveler": The mysterious Jamais Lokris has
come calling at Hans Zwarghoff's home...what does she want? How will it
dovetail with the main plot? And will any plan made by the Exarchs during a
big party with the Suedes make a lick of sense?
- "Execute Plan B!": The Sango Saga comes to a
much-anticipated (or at least much-delayed) end!
Exarchs was a story with many influences (read: the Author stole from a lot of
different places). High fantasy, dimensional wandering, classic literature,
cheesy chop-socky films...and of course, the Author's previous works. Many
of the main characters come from his Legion of Net.Heroes series, Dvandom
Force, and you may want to check out his previous Superguy series, Crazy Guy, for
the sorts of things he's done in Superguy before.
Read other rec.arts.comics.creative stories HERE!
Covering episodes #1-24, now spun off to its own page! The old gallery is
also attached to this page.
Covering issues #25-30, this never actually finished, but is more or less
wrapped up in New Exarchs #1.