Comic Book Squares 98!
Where Fans Compete To Win Exciting
The Emcee was the ever-forgetful Joe Edkin, who, two years
later, still has trouble remembering names.
The Lovely Assistant was played by Johanna Draper, fiancee
of one of the Squares, K.C. Carlson.
- Mark Waid, invertebrate liar and con-man,
who was gracious enough to recognize me when I got a chance to be a
contestant. Well, maybe not gracious.
- Not K.C. Carlson, also known as Paul Storrie, creator of Robyn of Sherwood and
the Jm J Bullock of this crew. He's also the only real man in comics,
according to Beau Smith. Heh.
- K.C. Carlson, former Legion of Super-Heroes
editor, and the only person who never bluffed, lied or even got the answer
honestly wrong. Doofus.
- Dan Davis, inker and generally not terribly
amusing in the game, sorry Dan.
- In the Center Square: Roger Stern, again. Putting him in the center square
seemed to guarantee that few people picked that square first.
- Tony Isabella, America's Most Beloved
Something Or Other. I tried to tweak the hue a bit, but he really was that
- Beau Smith, the other Only Real Man In
Comics. His running gag was to answer "Sgt. Rock" when he was stumped.
- The Late Steve Lieber. No, he's not dead,
he was just late, holding up the whole works.
- Bob Ingersoll, lawyer type and co-writer of
Captain America: Liberty's Torch with Tony Isabella.
Back to main Mid-Ohio Con page.