You play at Crucible City MUX, and you'd like a character
drawing. I'm willing to do drawings at no charge, but because I'm not
charging a fee, I do have some conditions.
Also, keep in mind that I might just decide to draw your character without
being asked, or build a miniature of it. :)
- I have to be interested in drawing your character. That's what I get out
of this, the fun of drawing stuff. If your character design is something I'm
not interested in drawing, no go. Some things I'm currently tired of
- All-black or almost all-black costumes. I've done some interesting (to
me) things with black lately, but I'm kinda worn out on it.
- Trenchcoats. I've drawn a LOT of trenchcoats in my life. I mean, when
you own one, it's tempting to use it as a reference. But I'm getting pretty
sick of it. That includes dusters and other similar things. Black
trenchcoats are RIGHT out.
- No capes, dahlink. Well, okay, I'm less firm on this one. Especially if
it's a white cape. Capes just take FOREVER to color and rarely look as good
as I'd like unless I paint 'em. Keep in mind that a billowing cape probably
takes up four times as much paper area as the entire rest of the character!
- I have to think I can do a decent (by my own standards) job. If I think
your concept is beyond my skills and tools, I'll politely decline. I do my
art strictly manually, no photoshop (although I can do some very limited
pixel by pixel cleanup if need be), so weird textures and stuff may be beyond
me. I'm also not so good at horror-themed appearances, and so-so on furry.
- I keep the original art, but if you want a high resolution scan, I can do
one and email it to you for manipulation (i.e. if you have good photoshop
skills but can't draw the base figures). Also let me know if you want inks
only to color yourself.
- I will scan pencil sketches if I'm unsure I captured your design, bug you
for details, etc. However, due to the "no photoshop" thing in #2, if I make
a serious error in the final colors, I may not be able to fix it, sorry.
- My final work will be posted on my webpage along with any preliminary
sketches. I'll probably also put it on the Yahoo group. If you can't host
the image yourself, go ahead and put the address of this gallery in your