C2: the Crucible Element Gallery
Last Updated: 1/22/09
The MUX is closed, further updates are unlikely.
These are drawings and sculptures of characters from C2:tCE MUX
(c2.mushpark.com port 4626, it also has a wiki). All
images are copyright Dave Van Domelen as of the date listed, although many of
the characters are property of their creators (mine are indicated by an
asterisk after the name).
- Crucible Classic: The original Crucible City MUX,
under Mutants & Masterminds 1st Edition (with lots of house rules). Updated
6/1/07 with LOL Kiryu.
- Worlds of Wonder: An
attempt at a Mutants and Masterminds 2nd Edition game, I only got a couple of
pieces done before the place closed.
Want me to draw your Crucible Element character? Check out these guidelines. Also, you might want to take a look at my
tips for superhero fashion. (Note, if you played on
Crucible and never got a piece of character art, but want one anyway, you can
still ask me for one, even though the game's gone.)
- A - Active, as far as I know, as of the date the game shut down.
- F - In the Freezer (set aside in favor of another character, but
may come back eventually.)
- N - Nuked, either for idleness, because the player makes more
characters than they can keep active and freezered, or just outright
sitebanned. I may mark one Nuked if they have a non-obvious alias and aren't
under their codename when I +finger them. I'll use N? in such a case.
- NPC - Non-Player Character or unit.
A - Clank *
entry. Clank is my first character on C2, and I put a lot of effort into
the design, as you can see here and below.
- Metalform - Bought four more Prismacolors to
do the brass parts on him. Heavily inspired by Girl Genius, old Mage Knight,
and steampunk tropes in general. Pencils, inks.
- Costumed Fleshform - On those occasions when
Clank actually wants to be active in human form, he wears a costume.
- Character Sheets
- Try 1 - Alternate Form at core, with minions. Started
to look like versatile minions would be frowned on, plus the chrome wasn't
quite what I wanted anyway.
- Try 2 - Metamorph at core. Original metamorph, ElectroClank dropped on the grounds of
the character being too widely-varied. Update: looks like any sort of
Metamorph that varies as much as I need in order for this version to work
will be turned down. So see below.
- Try 3 - Battlesuit variant.
Ironically the most combat-capable of the three, but theme or mechanical
issues nixed the other versions. Now has C2 chargen template code stuck in
for the powers.
- Try 4 - MUAHAHA! I can't stop! Trying for a more
focused metamorph, because I still prefer the idea of turning into the metal
man. Manages to keep most of the combat oomph of version 3. After some
tweaking, this version was approved. Some of the background stuff in here is
no longer totally accurate, see the Wiki entry for up-to-date info.
- Design Sketches - Went through a few ideas before settling on the one I
- Design sketch 1. Ended up as the basis of the
- Design sketch 2. Going for maximum contrast
with version 1, more of an "ideal man" sculpture. But I got blocked on the
head, leading to....
- Design sketch 3. A more clothed sort of look,
with stovepipe hat and "scoundrel-beating stick".
- "NPC" City Map - A very rough mapping of
Port Liberty's locations onto a map of the area it takes up. Port Liberty is
like a muchly beefed up Newport News with an overall population on a par with
Chicago. I likely have a few of the locations incorrect.
- NPC Baron Brass * - Victorian-themed
mechanical menace! Based on Clank's design sketch 3. Character sheet. Will be available as a +villain once we
iron out the theme-fit issues (original design was too
weird). Since nixed in general, sigh.
- N Ice Queen - Still at the early design stage. Cryokinetic sort,
if that wasn't obvious from the name.
- N Atlas - Brawler/regenerator heroine.
- N Shield (Botilda) - Atlantean outcast
turned metahuman hero, able to create warp portals for both transit and (as
shown in the picture) defense. Design sketch.
- N Strobe - Light-controller. Design
inspired by AC Comics' Stardust of FemForce. She's all glowy when powered
up, but I wanted to avoid the usual "aura outline" look, going with the light
- A Agent Shirota * - PL5 agent of the
Department of Energy's enforcement arm, with the current job of trying to get
metahumans to cooperate with the DoE. Seen here about to draw his tablet PC
from a pocket inside his suit coat. Oh, he has a gun, it's just not the
first thing he'll reach for. Character sheet.