A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, merchandising concerns resulted
in one of the weirder crossover properties. Using their knowledge of the
Force, certain individuals learned how to change themselves (or others) into
spaceships...ships that could themselves transform into robots resembling
their pilots! At least, that's what the packaging seems to indicate. |
The Standard toys are $15 (or so) and generally about 6-7 inches tall in
robot mode. The Ultras are $35, the only example at the moment is a combiner
team with light and sound gimmicks. Supreme has been added with a $50 Darth
Vader/Death Star, 10-11 inches tall. MUCH later they added a $8 Basic-like
Also known as Class I, although the actual packaging
doesn't say this.
- Wave 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Delta-7 Starfighter),
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Eta-2 Starfighter), General Grievous (his
starfighter, capsule review only). Status: Unlikely to buy Anakin, don't
feel like going into more detail about Grievous at this time.
- Wave 2: Clone Pilot (Y-Wing), Saesee Tiin (headswap
redeco of Obi-Wan), Darth Vader (headswap redeco of Anakin).
Much later on, when the Basic size is introduced, this is
redefined as Class II.
All larger toys fall under Class III starting in 2011.
- Wave 1: Darth Vader (TIE Advanced), General Grievous (Wheel Bike), Obi-Wan
Kenobi (Eta-2 Jedi Starfighter). REVIEW.
- Wave 1.5: Luke Skywalker (X-Wing) added into the mix as a running
change. Reviewed along with Wave 1.
- Wave 2: Darth Vader again, Anakin Skywalker (recolor and head remold of
Obi-Wan), Darth Maul (Sith Infiltrator), Boba Fett (Slave I). REVIEW.
- Wave 3: Jango Fett (Slave-1, recolor), Emperor Palpatine (Imperial
shuttle), Clone Pilot (ARC-170). Re-ships of Darth Maul and Anakin Skywalker
round out the case assortment. REVIEW.
- Wave 4: Darth Vader (black Eta-2 Jedi Starfighter with Vader helmet),
recolored Clone Pilot (ARC-170), reships of Anakin and Jango. Did not buy
any, so no review from me. I did get a guest review of Darth Vader and the ARC-170.
- Wave 5: Saesee Tiin (Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter), Clone Pilot (Republic
Gunship), Mace Windu (purple-trim Eta-2 Jedi Starfighter), reships of Darth
Vader (TIE Advanced) and Emperor Palpatine. REVIEW.
- Wave 6: Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder), AT-AT Driver (AT-AT), Commander
Cody (Turbo Tank), plus reships of Darth Vader (Eta-2) and Obi-Wan (Eta-2).
- Wave 7: Obi-Wan (Delta-7 in red with new head), Clone Pilot (Republic
Gunship in tiger stripes), other reships. REVIEW of
just Obi-Wan (not interested in the tiger stripe gunship).
- Wave C1: Now in Crossovers packaging. Obi-Wan (Eta-2, in blue),
Commander Cody (Turbo Tank, no change), Clone Pilot (ARC-170 in
tiger stripes), Boba Fett (Slave-1). Not reviewed. Turns out that there are
no pilot figures with this wave, perhaps they were cut as a cost-saving
measure to avoid having to raise the price.
- Wave C1.5: Anakin Skywalker (Delta-7, in yellow), Luke Skywalker
(snowspeeder, no redeco), reships of Commander Cody and Clone Pilot from Wave
C1. Will not be reviewed.
- Wave C2: Take Commander Cody out of C1.5, add in new molds General
Grievous (Grievous's Starship from ep3) and TIE Pilot (TIE Bomber). There is
apparently a bottomless demand for the tiger-striped redecos. REVIEW of Grievous and TIE Pilot.
- Wave C3: All redecos. Clone Pilot (Republic Gunship, new nose art),
Stormtrooper (AT-AT Jungle version, new head mold), Emperor Palpatine
(Imperial Shuttle, black redeco). Not reviewed.
- Wave C4: Captain Rex (AT-TE), Clone Pilot (V-19 Torrent), reships of the
black Palpatine redeco and Darth Vader (TIE Advanced). May or may not be
shipping with more Anakin (Delta-7). REVIEW of Rex
and Clone Pilot.
- Wave C5: Shock Trooper (V-wing), Plo Koon (Delta-7 starfighter remold),
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing reissue) and Clone Pilot (V-19 from the previous
wave). REVIEW of the V-wing.
- Wave C6: Kit Fisto (Delta-7 head remold), Battle Droid (AAT), various
reships. REVIEW of the Battle Droid.
- Wave C7: Ahsoka Tano (another Delta-7 head swap), MagnaGuard (Porax-38
MagnaGuard Starfighter), various reships in new packaging style. REVIEW of the MagnaGuard.
- Wave C8: Redecos of AAT (Phantom Menace colors) and V-19 (darker gray and
red). Not reviewed.
- Wave C9: Anakin Skywalker (Twilight) and Y-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing, Clone Wars
era version), plus reships. CAPSULES of the
Twilight and Y-Wing. A fuller Y-Wing review might come later.
- Wave C10: Head-swaps of Y-Wing (Anakin), Magnafighter (Cad Bane) and
another Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter variant.
- Wave C11: New packaging without the Clone Wars on
it, so this might be better labaled as something other than C11, but eh.
Yoda changes into a Republic Attack Shuttle, Captain Rex turns into a Freeco
Speeder. Neither is that impressive.
- Wave C12: Many reships in the new packaging, plus
one new mold, the Republic Fighter Tank (Clone Gunner), a TX-130 Saber-class
tank. Nifty vehicle mode, clunky and floppy robot mode.
- Wave C13: More of a 12.1 or something, they
swapped in one new mold, the Republic Attack Cruiser that turns into
Lieutenant Thire. It's an interesting idea, but the execution was half-baked
and even the instructions seem ashamed of it. I think it might be time to
retire the line.
- The next wave is all redecos, launching alongside the start of the Basic
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader/Republic Cruiser/Imperial Cruiser: A
quad-changer with a truly embarrassing amount of kibble in either mech mode.
Probably not gonna bother with this one.
- Ultra Wave 1: Han Solo and Chewbacca, combining to form the Millennium
- Supreme Wave 1: Death Star to Darth Vader. REVIEW.