Welcome to my reconstituted Generation 2 reviews page!
Well, actually, this is the first time I've put my G2 reviews together on a
page. Between what few I saved from the Magnus account removal and some use
of the Internet Wayback Machine on Iggy Drogue's page, I've managed to cobble
together most of them, I think. These are early reviews, very terse by
comparison to my modern ones. I also dug some out from Google Groups, but
most of 1995 is just plain missing for a.t.t, so things like the Heroes are
lost to me. I'm pretty sure I reviewed every new-to-the-U.S. mold
eventually, but none of the early-G2 remolds/recolors. Any missing from here
were probably lost by DejaNews or Google. If you have any, let me know!
- GoBot SuperSpeedBots:
- Original six: High Beam, Blowout, Gearhead,
Firecracker, Double Clutch, Motormouth.
- Prime and Megatron recolors
- Frenzy: And
comments about Bumblebee, Mirage, Ironhide, Soundwave and Sideswipe.
- G2 Small Cars: AKA the Axellerators in Europe.
Windbreaker, Rapido, Turbofire, Skram.
- G2 Small Jets: AKA Skyscorchers. Can't find the
Windrazor post, and I was rather terse on Eagle Eye, Terradive and
- Decepticons: Hooligan, Space Case, Skyjack. Review
also has Dairy Queen Prime and a knockoff of a remold of Deathsaurus.
- Autobot Recolors:
Jetfire, Air Raid, Strafe
- Laser Cycles: Road Rocket and Road Pig, both of
which have been recolored several times.
- Laser Rods: Jolt, Volt, Sizzle and Electro. The post got erased somehow,
shortly after I made it. This post also had my Rotor Force review. However,
I got Electro later, and that review was still there.
- Color Changers: Drench, Gobots, Jetstorm, Deluge. Not sure I even posted
a review of these.
- Autorollers: Dirtbag and Roadblock. An early
attempt at auto-transforming.
- Heroes: Initially called Combat Heroes in ads, but released as just Hero
Optimus Prime and Hero Megatron. I suspect this review was posted during the
huge 1995 gap in Google Groups.
- Dreadwing and Smokescreen: Another review lost to the Google Gap.
- Megatron tank:
The big tank with sound features and stuff.
- Laser Optimus Prime: This is one of those cases where
my enthusiasm grew over time. It only got a "recommended" at the time, but
I now consider it one of the best TFs ever.
- European G2: Generation 2 hit Europe too, and they got some toys not
available in the U.S.
- Bulletbike and
Ironhide: "Powermasters" that were shown off at BotCon 94, but never
released in the U.S. Frankly, we didn't miss much.
Spark and Colossus are recolors of Pyro and Clench, figures that came out
between G1 and G2.
- Fleetway G2 comics: Five issues, mostly reprints
with some bonus material.