STEP ZERO - PROLOGUE
These stories set up the conditions at the beginning of the Pyramid Scheme,
before Rebus's hand has fully come into play.
- STRAFE #14 - Nobody's Perfect: Grind obsesses over
trying to understand Rebus and his plans...and in so doing, he risks becoming
that which he studies.
- CSV #13 - Tidal Waves: Triton reaches his zenith,
conquering Khadam and unwittingly putting the pieces into position for
- ASH #28 - Solar Flare: In the wake of the conquest of
Khadam, Solar Max decides to take radical action against Triton, hurling a
meteor at the rogue nation of Khadam!
STEP ONE - OPENING GAMBITS
The wheels are set in motion, forces are set against forces in order to
weaken opposition and lay the groundwork for the Pyramid Scheme.
- CSV #14 - Foundations: Khadam goes back on the
offensive in the wake of Rockfall, plotting a new conquest!
- ASH #29 - Sensation: The political repercussions of
Solar Max's actions sweep across the globe.
STEP TWO - FIRST PIECES FALL
Mighty powers clash, spending themselves in futile pursuits as the
puppetmaster starts to pull his strings.
STEP THREE - SACRIFICE PLAYS
The puppets start to see their strings and figure out there's a game being
played with them as pawns, but it may be too late to do anything about it.
- STRAFE #16 - Black Capricorn Days: The seeds of the
future lie buried in the past, and STRAFE seeks answers from one of the few
heroes of the 20th Century to survive, the enigmatic Morgan Adams.
- CSV #16 - House of Cards: As Triton's plans start to
fall apart, it becomes clear that someone else is really dictating which way
the cards fall....
- ASH #31 - Time's Error: In a desperate ploy, Solar Max
decides to try and fix things so that the Pyramid Scheme never came to be.
But will he survive it?
STEP FOUR - ENDGAME
All the pieces are in position, and options are suddenly very limited: serve
Rebus or lose everything!
- STRAFE #17 - Burial: Morgan Adams continues to tell
his tale of the past, and the origins of Rebus and his mad quest for power
- CSV #17 - Nine To Rule: Everything comes down around
Triton's head...regardless of all his contingency plans, Rebus is always two
steps ahead of him.
- ASH #32 - In Darkness Bound: On the eve of destruction,
the magnitude of the threat finally comes into sharp focus.
CAPSTONE - CHECKMATE
It's the end of the game, and only one side can win...but everyone can lose!
Winner of the "Favorite Miniseries" RACCie for 2001!