Dave's ASH Archive - Conclave of Super-Villains
Last Updated: 1/12/07
From left to right: Rebus, Triton pre-Pyramid Scheme, Triton post-Pyramid
Scheme, Conflicto (with hair dyed orange to better
clash with his costume), Peryton, Sultry, Labyrinthe (with a cloak he can
disappear into using spacewarps), Burnout (both Lana Smith and C.J. Brown
versions) and Doublecross, who isn't actually a member, more of a supporting
cast, plus Doublecross's assistant, Irrlicht (aka Light Errant), in my first
animated ASH icon! (Desktop wallpaper has been moved to the Fan Art
Conclave of Super-Villains: Written mainly by Tony Pi, this series
picks up at the end of 2023 with the rise of the first supervillain group
since the 20th Century. This page is an archive of the first 20
- #1/2 - No title: Originally appeared in RACC Presents
#1. The Conclave, a secret organization of Anchors dedicated to keeping the
world's most dangerous supernaturals in check, is introduced, and the mystery
of who is killing all the Anchors is set up.
- #1 - "Stretch of L'Imagination": One of the "dangerous
supernaturals" freed by the murder of his Conclave agent is blackmailed into
acting against the head of the Conclave, the Eye of Horus.
- #2 - "Seven to a Conclave": The capture of the Eye of
Horus is completed and the new Conclave of Supervillains assembled, but not
everyone is on the same side.
- #3 - "And A Partridge In A Pear Tree": Triton pushes the
CSV into helping him enact a revenge plot against the core members of STRAFE,
catching Peregryn of ASH as well.
- #4 - "DEEP ARMAGEDDON 1: Collision Course": The combined
forces of ASH, STRAFE and the LNH 2023 attempt to puzzle out the clues left
for them by the Conclave, while in Manhattan actions are taken to bring the
Paragangs under Conclave influence. Co-written by Dave Van Domelen.
- #5 - "DEEP ARMAGEDDON CONCLUSION: Fallout!": The battle
over Haven finishes, and not everyone survives.... Co-written with Marc
Singer and Dave Van Domelen.
- #6 - "TEMPESTUOUS Part 1: Loyalties, Lusts and Lies":
Sparks fly as the remaining CSV members regroup and start to rebuild in the
wake of DEEP ARMAGEDDON and the EUROPA miniseries.
- #7 - "TEMPESTUOUS Part 2: Two Mad About You": Alliances
are made and broken, the Pranir seek to destroy Mr. Strings, and Triton does
some pretty nasty things in the name of love.
- #8 - "LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! Part 1: Auditions": The
somewhat depleted ranks of the CSV need filling, so Triton throws a casting
call for the "Understudies of Crime!" Readers get to vote on who makes the
- #9 - "LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! Part 2: Dress Rehearsal":
The Understudies are chosen and begin their training...but someone seems to
be hunting villains.
- #10 - "LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! Part 3: Don't Call Us, We'll
Call You": The washouts from last issue find themselves in a rather
complicated situation (what, compared to death?).
- #11 - "LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! Part 4: A Thousand Points Of
View": Months have passed and the CSV is finally ready to break Caryatid
out of the Cavity...but so too is Doublecross ready to move on the CSV!
Written by guest-author Matt Rossi III.
- #12 - "LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! Part 5: Refractions":
Guest-author Matt Rossi III continues to tell the tale of betrayal and
Doublecrossing as Triton strikes back!
- #13 - "Tidal Waves": Matt Rossi's final guest issue
sees Triton taking the battle to Khadam in a bid for absolute power over that
small but powerful nation. Considering the scum level in Khadam, maybe the
world would be better off if Triton won?
- #14 - "PYRAMID SCHEME STEP 1: Foundations": Tony Pi
returns to the title he created, kicking off the Pyramid Scheme! In the wake
of events in ASH #28, Khadam goes back on the offensive!
- #15 - "PYRAMID SCHEME STEP 2: Tip of the Iceberg": It's
the Battle of Montreal, part one! Continued in ASH #30!
- #16 - "PYRAMID SCHEME STEP 3: House of Cards": In the
wake of the Battle of Montreals, things aren't going so well for the CSV, and
it looks like the whole thing may fall apart...like a house of cards.
- #17 - "PYRAMID SCHEME STEP 4: Nine To Rule": Rebus
plays his trump, leaving Triton with no choices...none he'll survive, anyway.
- #18 - "Names, part I": Marc Singer takes a guest shot
at the title, with a tale of picking up the pieces after the Pyramid Scheme, as a prospective new member tries to get off
on the right foot.
- #19 - "Names, part II": Marc's guest shot wraps up in a
tale of death and new life.
ASH Titles Archive