Dave's ASH Archive - Warden
Last Updated: 11/9/99
Issue #15, Annual #1 (both parts) added.
From left to right, Cockatrice (see #7), Warden and Bathory.
Warden by Matt "Badger" Rossi
III - Not everyone's involved in world-shaking events, and just because
there aren't many supervillains around doesn't mean there's not still scum
with powers. Lucky Warden, he gets to deal with the dirty business of
cleaning the streets of "paragangs" and the usual assortment of organized
- #1 - "Haunted Mind": The origin of Warden as he goes
from comatose child to driven warrior of the streets and rooftops, fighting
at the bidding of his Mentor.
- #2 - "Threnody In Blue": Warden takes on the vampiric
Bathory for the first time, and attracts new and powerful enemies.
- #3 - "Caves of Ice": Warden's enemies form an
alliance of convenience to destroy him, and the forces arrayed against him
start to seem insurmountable.
- #4 - "The Drums of Hate": Warden deals Bathory a
major blow and saves his friend from her clutches before escaping into the
night. His Mentor isn't happy that he abandoned the killing to save a life,
and we will soon find out why....
- #5 - "Daybreak and a Candle-End": Warden returns to
town to track down the Onyx Eye, while Lt. Kelly discovers Mentor's secret
with the help of an agent from MetaPsych.
- #6 - "Who Wards The Warden?": Warden has a final
confrontation with the Onyx Eye, and the first story arc wraps up.
- #7 - "A Year In The Life": Life goes on, and most of
the rest of 2023 passes, with various impacts on Warden. Plus Contact has a
talk with the Mentor and Peregryn investigates a possible source of power in
- #8 - "DEEP ARMAGEDDON - Hunting the Hunter": Picking
up from CSV #4, Warden has the beginnings of an interesting New Year's Eve.
Gee, December 31, 2023 is starting to look REALLY busy, yes? Guest-written
by Dave Van Domelen, with parts by Badger and Tony Pi.
- #9 - "Critical Care Ward": December 31 gets even
busier as the Weregild reappears after being seemingly destroyed in #8,
leading to a running battle across Manhattan.
- #10 - "King of Darkness": The Warden: Year Two
storyline kicks off with a new player on the scene announcing his intentions
and putting his plans into motion. NOTE: Has been slightly altered to adjust
for a looming continuity problem. Story's the same, only the dates (and a
few time-based references) have been changed.
- #11 - "Torn": Warden is beaten to death by the CSV.
Well, clinical death. Now the city's full of partying paragangers and a
battered Warden has to figure out how to put things back together.
- #12 - "Nativity": Part three of Year Two, Warden
comes back and runs the gauntlet of paragangers in an attempt to rescue Tyra
Dumont from the Conclave of Super-Villains, not knowing she's their secret
- #13 - "Changing Hands": Part one of Change Is Good.
The truce brokered by Rex Umbrae is in effect and the ramifications are
starting to be felt. Meanwhile, the Otakuza come to town with something they
claim can shut Warden down.... Written by Tony Pi and Matt Rossi III. Note:
the CyberNostra first mentioned here is unrelated to La Cyber Nostra.
- #14 - "Change of Pace": Part two of Change Is Good.
The welcome wagon is rolled out for the Otakuza, and the plan is for Warden
to be under that wagon. But things get really hairy when a relic from the
past returns. By Tony Pi.
- #15 - "A Change of Heart": With Warden gone, things
look bad...but Manhattan seems to have acquired a new protector. The Change
Is Good arc resolves and mysteries are solved. By Tony Pi.
- Annual #1 - "Alienation": A story so large, we had to break it into two
- Part One: Warden's been missing for weeks, so where has
he been? In Japan, where he's in the middle of a silent and stylish war
between factions he's never heard of!
- Part Two: The exciting conclusion, as Warden makes a
deal with one devil in order to find another!
ASH Titles Archive