From left to right: Black Opal 2, Tetra-Red, Hexa-Blue, Octa-Green,
Dodeca-Yellow, and Icosa-Pink.
Things have largely settled down in the Manhattan Autonomous Zone, several
years after the vanishing of the Warden. It's time
for new protectors, and a group of "magical girls" will do their best to be
their best! Written by Dave Van Domelen. Warning, some harsh language.
- #1 - All Cats Are Gray - The paragang scene
seems to be winding down, but that just means that those still playing the
game are ready to throw the dice on one big play, and Rex Umbrae doesn't want
his carefully nurtured plans ruined by an arrested adolescent with the power
to move mountains. Set in the wake of ASH #125.
- #2 - He Sees You When You're Sleeping -
Tetra-Red introduces herself and explains the creepy way in which she was
gifted her powers, while Maddie starts to feel herself getting drawn
inexorably back into the vigilante life.
- #3 - The Presence of Presents - Maddie meets
three more of the new magical girls, who tell their origin stories in their
- #4 - Into The Underworld - It's time for Maddie
to decide how far she'll go to help the magical girls survive their planned
war against Bathory, but it's not a decision she can make alone.
- #5 - Rising Stars - The Morning Stars get new
uniforms and head out to take down their first real target in this oversized
- #6 - Outside the Cave - The first arc comes to a
conclusion with the full story behind the mysterious source of the Morning
- Bonus Track #6.5 - Too Cool for School? - A short scene
written after the fact but set between #6 and #7, dealing with the question,
"Why not just send the girls to the Academy?"
- #7 - Monster Of The Week - The Morning Stars
face off against Killgamesh, a harbinger of things to come!
- #8 - Warden's Legacy - Someone's digging up the
past, perhaps literally, and Icosa-Pink is determined to stop them!
- #9 - Stealing Shadows - Bathory's sent a new
external threat against the Morning Stars, but can it come close to matching
the danger from within?
- #10 - Museum Piece - While the rest of the team
is taken aback by how different the gems make them, Dodeca-Yellow strikes out
on her own to shake some answers out of Dr. Jacky.
- #11 - Super...or Not? - Stronger than ever, yet
weaker as a team, the Morning Stars won't stop until the threat of Supernaut
II is ended...or ends them!
- #12 - O Brother Where Art Thou? - Fresh off
their battle against Supernaut II, the Morning Stars decide to beard Bathory
in her luxurious den! With their obsessions sharpening, though, have they
become their own worst enemies?
ASH Titles Archive