Dave's ASH Archive - Academy
Last Updated: 8/24/98
Popper and Arin in the insulated jumpsuits from the Organleggers story, minus
headgear and gloves. Now also has the Professor, although he didn't end up
in the wheelchair until the very end of the series.
Academy by Dave Van Domelen - The series that introduced the cast of
characters, as well as much of their world of the 2020s. Most issues have a
"sourcebook" section in addition to story.
- #0 - "Lecture Hall": A semi-sourcebook of its own,
heavy on exposition. Sourcebook: The Causality Wars.
- #1 - "Terminal Burnout": The mystery of the Burnouts
is introduced, and suspicion thrown on some of the main characters.
Sourcebook: The history of Khadam, one of the more important fictional
countries on the ASH version of Earth.
- #2 - "Leap of Wraith": A young student tries to kill
herself over the death of her boyfriend in issue #1. Sourcebook: The
Godmarket and the political state of the world in 2022.
- #3 - "Suspicions": Tensions between the main
characters reach new heights. Sourcebook: An explanation of the way magic
works in the ASH Universe.
- #4 - "Call of Duty": The Grads are sent on their first
serious combat mission, and wonder if they can trust each other in a fight.
Sourcebook: Telepathy in the ASH Universe.
- #5 - "Trial By Fire and Ice": Up against a ship full
of alien organleggers, some of the team find more than they can handle, and
Arin snaps. Sourcebook: The political state of the galaxy in 2022, including
major alien races.
- #6 - "Backlash!": The hunt for the Burnout killer
intensifies, and JakZak risks his life to peer into the past. Sourcebook:
Short biographies of important figures of the last 40 years (1982-2022).
- #7 - "Heart and Mind": Aaron and Paul, the team's
psis, probe into Arin's mind to try and awaken her, but when JakZak's mind is
also pulled in, it becomes a virtual hell. Also, in the lead story, LNH 2023
is introduced. Sourcebook: The state of the internet in 2022.
- #8 - "Terminal Degree": The Burnout killer is found
and seemingly destroyed, most of the Grads go on to form ASH, while some form
the core of STRAFE. Sourcebook: None.
ASH Titles Archive