One of the neater games from Lucasarts is Dark Forces where
you play a Rebel operative who's tracking down of of the Empire's latest
projects, the Dark Trooper. Gameplay is in essance the same
as the Doom paragdim, but there's a lot of neat twists, and a psuedo-storyline
that pulls it closer to the Marathon games. Also, it's got a heavy dose of
Star Wars in it. ^_^
If you like Doom-style games, and Star Wars, this is a definite must-play.
- Jan Ors, the rebel operative you work with, who gives
you the various mission breifings.
- The Phase One Dark Trooper which is essentially
a human brain within a droid endoskeleton body.
- The Phase Two Dark Trooper is a lot heavier
armored, carries a combiantion plasma rife/rocket launcher, and is
capable of flight. Ouch!
- The Phase Three Dark Trooper is the final baddy
of the game. Not only is he stronger and tougher (and bigger) than the
other Dark Troopers, he's also got special shouler-mounter energy sphere
launchers that can cover the area from a distance.
- The Star of Alderaan which you get when you win the
Aerianne's Homepage / Aerianne Connor / firstname.lastname@example.org