Crash-a-rama

Well, sheesh. The intersection which I must pass through to get from my apartment to work has seen no less than two accidents today - one when I was going in to work (good thing I'm on salary and not hourly, so they don't get too Fascistic about my arrival time) and another coming back from lunch (but not going /to/ lunch, of course, since that would have been easy to get around). Good lord. I knew the intersection was a pain, but sheesh, it's really wide so you can generally see people coming. Impatience, that's the cause of the world's problems... At least I've learned a great deal about sneaky dirt back ways to get around that intersection, now...

It was a major accident, too, requiring an ambulance, four or five police cars, two fire trucks, multiple vehicles of towing, and a Budweiser truck to clear up. Or maybe the Bud truck was in the accident. It was hard to tell. Remember, people, don't drive people's drinks...

Gundam Wing #7 - "Situation for bloodshed"
...or something like that.

Okay, it makes a bit more sense now. There are two Gundam timelines, UC and AC. All the other Gundam shows I've seen were in UC, this one's in AC. I think. Cripes. Uh, anyway...

Lots of shuttles and assorted gear is being flown to the Alliance's New Edwards base, as Treize sneakily spreads rumors that it's going to be the site of an OZ general staff meeting. It isn't, of course, but he and Une are going to enact an evil scheme there... Zechs, meanwhile, has been sent to Nairobi base for some nefarious purpose, along with Noin.

We get to see our Gundam pilots accepting a mission to take out the New Edwards base. Yup, they're all being sent to the same place. Sheesh. Heero accepts, then we cut to the circus where the ringmaster is torqued because Trowa has run off - again! C-chan (I still forget her name. Charlotte? Sheesh.) comments that at least he does a real good job when he's there. Elsewhere, Quatre's minions are hanging out, drinking coffee (and it's actually coffee this time) and musing about how their boss has gone off to a resort by himself, probably to get away from all these surly soldier types. Their commander, however, shows up and remarks that Quatre is actually going on a mission, but left them behind so they wouldn't be in danger. Aww... what a nice guy. Stupid, but nice.

Elsewhere, we see Quatre booking hotel reservations for himself (sheesh!) over the phone while his Gundam, on its carrying truck, is loaded on a civilian transport ship (what?!). Quatre then sees another carrier truck being loaded on board... hey, it's Trowa! As the ship gets underway, Quatre pesters Trowa a bit about how they're probably going to the same target, so they should help each other, but Trowa brushes him off. This does not really seem to deter Quatre from tagging along, however.

"Trowa... do ya like to watch gladiator movies?"

Meanwhile, yet more explosions at a random Alliance base, distracting the local troops so that Heero can steal... a transport jet? Not only does he then sneak his Gundam on, but Duo sneaks HIS Gundam on as well. Heero tries to shoo Duo off, but Duo is not to be deterred, and soon they're flying away into the sunset and... wait, what? They just stole a giant-robot-scale transport jet? Does the Alliance have -no- air force around to shoot those idiots down? To say nothing of the fact that Heero's Gundam is flight-capable on its own? Sheesh! Okay, anyway, Duo muses that if they can wipe out the OZ leadership, then that'll be that, and he can go back to space. Heero looks appropriately thoughtful and distant at this.

Meanwhile, Treize's plan continues, as the New Edwards base plays host to a conference... of the ALLIANCE leadership. He and Une are the only OZ officials present. The Alliance's Field Marshal gives a long speech to the assembled officers that the Alliance was formed to promote a peaceful world order, but somehow they've turned into agents of conquest. So he is all for opening diplomatic ties with the colonies... to seek peace, and mutual dis armament. Only one Alliance general, General Septum (...snrk!) really protests this, as the Field Marshal points out that the current crisis with the Gundams will end if peace is made with the colonies, and the threat of take-over removed. Treize muses that the future isn't turning quite in the direction he'd planned. Une wonders if they should intervene yet, but Treize says to wait until all the 'actors' are in place.

Sure enough, Heero and Duo show up, and start laying waste to the New Edwards base. The Field Marshal tries to contact them, to try and negotiate, but of course they're not listening, and they're laying waste to the Alliance forces too quickly to try anything much. Treize, at this point, decides to 'raise the curtain', as all the actors are in place, and helpfully suggests that everyone ought to evacuate, since it would be rather silly to be slaughtered while trying to set up peace. He even offers his personal high speed OZ transport for the job, at which the Field Marshal is rather surprised, but pleased, at Treize's apparent loyalty, even to a rival faction in the Alliance. The officials begin scurrying for the transport, but Treize stops General Septum, suggesting that he and the two OZ types should take a different ship, so as not to over-crowd the transport. Snicker.

Outside, Heero and Duo and the Alliance suits they're fighting are all suddenly attacked by... Trowa! Trowa lays waste to most of the Alliance suits, and even smacks around Heero and Duo a bit with a giant missile barrage. Quatre wonders if these two Gundams are on the same side as he is. Duo, however, decides that Quatre and Trowa are clearly OZ elite pilots.

Meanwhile, the Alliance base commander is surprised by reports of a mutiny taking place all over the world, as OZ's agents and the Specials seize control of the military apparatus of the Alliance. Soon the revolt has spread to every Alliance base, with Zechs and Noin putting in a personal appearance at the large Nairobi base. Things are confused for a bit since everyone's using the same insignia and equipment, but the Specials shortly overwhelm the Alliance loyalists.

Heero, meanwhile, spots a shuttle taking off from the New Edwards base... with a giant OZ symbol on the side. Bingo, he things, taking off, intercepting and destroying it. Whups! Meanwhile, Treize, Une and Septum sneak off in a smaller, unmarked shuttle.

Trowa and Duo scuffle a while, as Quatre whines for them to stop it. Everything is interrupted, though, as Wu Fei shows up. "You idiot," he remarks helpfully, "You just killed off the Alliance's /pacifists!/"

On Treize's shuttle, Septum helpfully makes a broadcast about how the colonies have wiped out the peace-seeking leaders of the Alliance (with helpful footage of Heero making the kill) and that it's clearly a declaration of war. He exhorts the Alliance to fight to the death against these attackers... then the broadcast ends and he's dropped out of the back of the shuttle. Whups! As if this wasn't enough, Une shoots him as he falls, just to make sure.

Heero angst a bit in the "What... what have I /done/?" mold. Relena, seeing the broadcast on TV, wonders at Heero's motivations for doing such an incredibly stupid thing.

Next episode: You've just handed control of Earth to your worst enemies on a silver platter. What do you do? What DO you DO?

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT