Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies

If you needed any further verification of my inner fanboyishness, this fact is submitted: I now actually own the soundtrack to the 1999 re-release of the SquareSoft RPG "Chrono Trigger". It's wacky, innit. They didn't include the "Epoch" theme, though, the stingy bastards. Um, anyway...

This weekend, I watched the rest of my Revolutionary Girl Utena DVD, a neefy little thing that contains the first seven episodes of the drug-inspired TV series from Japan. While many anime series are equally drug-inspired (Neon Genesis Evangelion comes to mind), Utena is the only one in which the protagonist seems to realize how completely nuts it all is, and is increasingly surly at being caught up in it all. It's a fun little jaunt down the surrealist alleys of anime. What more can you ask for?

Also of note is that I completed that irritating game, Warcraft II. Being doggedly perservering can be somewhat of a pain sometimes, but it would have tasked me so to not finish it. Now I can do something more productive, like floss my toes. Yes, I've won the game as the Orcish Horde, and the light of the kingdoms of old has been extinguished, never again to be re-born. Ah, evil triumphs at last.

In other news, I failed to watch the Super-Bowl. However, it was apparently fairly interesting, in that the Rams won it literally by a few inches, as the Titans (who comes up with these names?) had a guy running for the goal line, for a TD that would have tied the game, and he got tackled on the one-yard line as time expired. Now that's fairly mighty. Not mighty enough to get me to watch football, but fairly darn mighty nonetheless. Talk about your "close, but not enough" finishes.

Well, that's the weekend update. Oh, all right. You want more content? Here, have some comic book notes.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT