That's Entertainment!

On today's episode of "Up With People", returning after a long Thanksgiving slack, we bring you... absolutely nothing at all interesting! Yay!

In other news, Russian president Yeltsin is sick, again, and nobody is surprised that the country has completely failed to notice. It's not like the poor blighter was actually in charge any more anyway. Meanwhile, the glorious armies of the rejuvinated Russian Empire continue to gleefully conquer Chechnya, where the rebels promise they'll put up some meaningful resistance "any day now". Western audiences are described as being "bored" by the invasion, commenting "Where are the great videos of bombs being guided into windows? What? What do you MEAN they don't mount cameras on all their bombs and missiles? Oh well. I wonder what's on 'VH-1'."

This week's comic book quote comes from Top Ten #4, where, describing an evil alien that just attempted to kill them, one of the intrepid officers mutters, "Wait, she was in 'Tentacled Butt Babes', wasn't she... Damn, that was a good movie."

In other news, I have discovered the wonder that is Mp3.Com, where the songs are plentiful and the CDs, when they're available, go for $6. On the other hand, while I was aware that there was a lot of bad music out there, never before was I able to so conveniently prove it. On the other hand, it has songs like "The Zelda Song" ("Link! He come to town! To saaaave the Princess Zelda! She was locked away! And now the children don't play! But they will when Link saves the daaaay! Link! Fill up your hearts! So you can shoot... your sword with pooooower!") so it can't be all bad, now can it.

In still other news, I have at last finished Myth II: Soulblighter, so I can move on to something not computer related, the book To Say Nothing Of The Dog, by Someone I've Forgotten The Name Of. Hey, I can't spend all my time glued to a computer monitor. Well, okay, so I can, but I won't. So nyah, nyah, nyah.

What's Myth II: Soulblighter? Naturally, it's a game that involves commanding an army of often-insane humans, surly dwarves, the occasional warlock, and the occasional large, surly giant guy against an army of undead that you can cheerfully slaughter by the hundreds on the occasional times when they don't over-run your pathetic forces and eat their brains. Mmm. Brains.

Also, the occasional exploding deer.

Or so I've heard.

Well, hey, it was either babble randomly about current events or launch into a long and rambling discussion of the time travel metaphysics of "Chrono Trigger". And we wouldn't want that. Unless we were really bored.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Remember, kids, only users lose drugs.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT