Miscellany

A rather fascinating local story, the 'Win a Victorian Home Essay Contest'. Namely, some people with a $300,000 or so house found themselves unable to sell it for some reason, possibly due to the fact that nobody in their right mind wants to invest in property here, as that would mean actually, you know, committing to live here for a non-trivial length of time. So they decided to put their house up for sale through an Essay Contest. Entry is $500, the winner gets the house. The people selling the house take the money and toddle off. I guess they're hoping for a lot of entries, so they can recoup the money they would have made selling it off. They might not, but still, what a neat idea.

In not-so-neat-idea news, they're resurfacing the road outside where I work. The only road that gives access to where I work. The two-lane only road that gives access to where I work. Maybe they'll do it at night, as they seem to be trying to do. If they do it during the day, it'll suck. Massively. Some of us like being able to make it to work in a non-trivial amount of time. All of us like being able to make it OUT of work, ditto. Mutter, mutter.

Sour Cream & Onion potato chips. Is there anyone who actually likes these? Y'all are freakin' WEIRD.

Maybe I'll work on the layout here this weekend, and make the page easier to deal with. Maybe I'll prostitute my substance on the altar of style. Or maybe I'll just say 'Heck with THAT' and play Civ. Could go either way.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or alien spores of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Certified 'Syndicate Approved'. Squeeze the lemon. Four out of five dark elves surveyed agree: It's surl-a-riffic!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT