Oil of Ascerbic

It's times like this that I wish... I don't know. Something. I guess there's a limit to how much surl I feel I can get away with. Perhaps it's self-preservation talking. Perhaps I'm just shamelessly pandering to my own desire not to tick EVERYONE off.

Several of the other journallers have mentioned the great boogeyman of America, racism, and I was going to spend today randomly babbling about that, in that wacky way I do. I even wrote about eighty lines on it. Then I deleted them, and I probably couldn't even say why. It's not like I think the whole thing is a bunch of rubbish, but I'm aware that my views on the matter, like, well, every view I have, are rather politically incorrect, and this is one of those issues where deviations in thought are more trouble than they're worth. Which is one of the few times you'll hear (read?) me saying that.

I also considered some babble about psychoactive drugs, but I don't think that would be well received either. It's that politically incorrect thing again.

Have I become politically correct in not ranting about my politically incorrect opinions? Egads. No, more likely, I like having people to talk to, and that state might be altered if they realized just what I thought. There's a certain advantage to being ambiguous - nobody can dislike your opinions if they aren't sure what, if anything, your opinions are.

I'm such a weasel.

But then, at least I'm honest about it.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or small woodland creatures of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Squeeze the lemon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT