Movie-riffic

This weekend saw an unprecedented two films at once that I wanted to see. I mean, egads, that's just... I mean, it's just not done. But, nonetheless, I took in both The Iron Giant and Mystery Men this weekend. Of the two, Iron Giant was definitely the better one. I mean, a big, curious, surly-when-provoked robot; how can you go wrong? That and really nice animation made it a hit. Whereas Mystery Men was just sort of wacky. Fun, but not the greatest film I've ever seen, or, indeed, anywhere near the list o' greatness. Still, I'm in favor of comedic superhero movies, and perhaps this will result in some better ones being produced down the line. Well, okay, most likely it will result in lots of tripe all over, but hey, can't blame a guy for holding out some slim hope.

In other news, you know you're a bookworm when your troubles have progressed from "When am I going to find time to read all this stuff?" to "Do they make strong enough wooden bookshelves to not collapse under all those books?" Mutter, mutter, cheap pressboard rubbish...

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or small woodland creatures of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Squeeze the lemon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT