Well, let's see. Friday was the birthday of our "division"'s secretarial type person, so everyone went out to eat at one of the local deli type restaurants. Every time I start trying to save money on food, someone's got to have a birthday... Mutter. But I indulged in a 'B.E.T.', which is a Bacon, Egg and Tomato sandwich, on onion bread.

There was also much talk.

This is not necessarily a good thing, as you would know if you've ever heard me go off on a rant. Fortunately, no rants were provoked this time, but some of my co-workers shared some stories that I'd really rather they hadn't. I don't WANT to know this level of embarassing details about these people. Eesh.

But it was all right, mostly. And there was free cake, so hey. And the programmeing division got some ego stroking, as the customer service types revealed the extent of their boredom. Apparently the customers don't call up and scream much any more, which either means we've started writing better code, or we've worn the bastards down.

In the evening, I had to pick up my father from the airport, where he was returning from yet another conference on... some scientific thing or the other. He's been doing this rather often of late, mostly to meet other researchers and go to conferences and show off and try to earn plenty of science cred.

But he was nice enough to shell out for dinner at the local Applebee's, where I indulged in some cajun steak 'n shrimp, which cleared my sinuses out quite nicely. Whoo.

With someone else besides me to look after the house, my duty is finally discharged. Well, until next time, anyway. And I didn't even get to eat everything there...

Nothing else comes to mind. I'm so shallow.

More Comics:

Dragonball Z Update: Another Bulma-heavy episode, where Bulma manages to use her wits and luck to escape from two of Frieza's henchmen, and keep possession of the Dragonball in the process. Suffice to say, she appeals to their greed to lure them back down into the ocean, where the pair of them are eaten by a giant crab. Despite spending most of this episode cowering and trying to scurry away (and complaining), Bulma still makes a pretty good showing, taking out two planet-conquering goons despite having no powers of her own.

Meanwhile, Goku is training. Still. Which at this point seems to involve hitting himself with his own ki attacks to toughen himself up. Ow.

Gohan and Krillan continue flying, and are noticed by Vegeta, who takes one of the Dragonballs (so as to not leave so many in one place) and sets off in pursuit...

Frieza is informed that the Ginyu Force is en-route, and cackles evilly. By curious coincidence, it seems that the Ginyu Force will reach Namek at the same time as Goku. Gosh, what are the odds?

The Ginyu force, meanwhile, shows how badass they are by ramming through asteroids on their way to Namek. Nothing like breaking stuff to show off how manly you are...

In the Really Horrifying Facts department, I've discovered that of the three hundred odd Dragonball Z Episodes, we have not even reached a fifth of the way through. Yowza!

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or small woodland creatures of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Squeeze the lemon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT