In other news, drinking coffee is _good_ for you! Apparently it helps reduce gallstones or something of that nature. Obviously, people who're trying to break away from the caffeine habit need to be forcibly re-addicted... it's for your own good, really it is...

In further trash-related news, the NIMBYs were triumphant once again, and an area with the fewest people got stuck with the trash "transfer station". Basically the area that got stuck with it was the one with the fewest people at the town meeting whining about it. Still, the city commissioners seemed to have a fair degree of clue... except for the one who voted against putting the transfer station anywhere... (Uh... hello? Hello, McFly?) But still, it should have been fairly obvious. The west side of town where the new thingie will end up has already gotten stuck with all the other unpopular stuff, like the airport, the county jail, the sewage treatment plant... These joys should be spread out, so that the whole town can share in their glory!

But enough about that.

My fame as a local columnist continues to spread, as I had another person recognize me as "one of those writer guys". Ah, celebrity. Time to bask in the warm glow of my adoring public... Who would have thought you could accomplish so much being a fanboy.

After some deep thought... (guitar chords)... I have absolutely nothing else to say.

Dragonball Z Update: Krillan (short bald orange-jumpsuited guy with spots on forehead) returns to Bulma (token babe)'s hangout and surprises her, which makes her surly. But she forgets that quickly when she sees the big ol' Dragonball that Krillan brought back.

And then Vegeta arrives. Krillan and Bulma go all jittery, and exchange a bit of banter as Vegeta demands the Dragonball.

And then Zarbon arrives. Bulma leaps to the wrong conclusion, based on Zarbon's studly looks and Aussie accent, that he's a Space Hero(tm) come to save them, a fact reinforced when Zarbon and Vegeta start whomping on each other. Krillan and Bulma show the inklings of real intelligence as they try and run away bravely, only to be symied by Vegeta, who's not about to let Krillan escape with that Dragonball.

Meanwhile, Goku is still stuck, and it's revealed during a frantic call from Earth that a magnetic storm (in SPACE?) has caused the gravity generator to go on the blink... and it's now up to 100 G's. An attempt to turn the darn thing off just makes it randomly cycle through gravity levels, slamming poor Goku around. A lot. In fact, Goku spends most of this episode bouncing off walls, floors, consoles and other such fun things, before finally finding and hitting the 'off' switch. Such an unsafe vehicle; the OSHA would not approve. And now Goku's all beat up again and will probably have to spend most of his remaining training time lying on a bed muttering "ow. ow. ow. ow."

Meanwhile, Zarbon Monsters Out and he and Vegeta continue to pound on each other. What little of the episode wasn't taken up with Goku bouncing around is taken up with Zarbon and Vegeta whomping each other, the surrounding landscape, etc.

Well, with a brief cut to Gohan flying back with his Dragonball and noticing all the pretty explosions...

Clearly, this is going to be one of those multi-episode brawls Dragonball Z is so famous for. Cool.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or small woodland creatures of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Squeeze the lemon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT