Everybody's working for the weekend

Where the hell did my weekend go? Wah! I want it back! Mutter, mutter.

Saturday was hot and Floridian, and so I did basically a whole lot of nothing, except being surly. Feel the awesome excitement. Woo hoo. I did clean my apartment some, as I've started doing again. Let there be much Dustbustering.

Sunday was also hot and Floridian, but instead of lounging about, I migrated to the theatre to take in The Mummy, having heard enough about it to finally motivate me to go. The Mummy was a great little movie, firmly debunking all that crap about 'love conquering all' as it shows two ressurrected lovers being firmly smacked down by a gun-toting mercenary scum, a bumbling Brit and his sister, who wields the awesome power of the librarians. And... wait, I've got it all backwards, haven't I. Bugger.

After the Mummy (or was it before... one of the two), I wandered around the Mall, stopping in at the Comcast in-mall office to query them about cable modemage. Apparently, Cable Modem service isn't available in Tallahassee yet, but will be eventually. Ah well.

I also ducked into Service Merchandice to drool over their DVD machines, having spotted one at about the $350 range that I think I'll get as soon as I've paid off all the other things I want to buy...

Speaking of upgrades, I'm also eyeing those cute little 333Mhz iMacs. Mmm. No doubt Apple will shortly come out with one at 350 or 400Mhz, and then the 333's will drop in price like the 233's did. And, well, frankly, 333Mhz is plenty for me. With a 333Mhz, I will, at last, be able to waste all my time playing games. Mmm...

While I crave one of those Big Blue Boxes(tm), I also am quite aware that between the system, monitor, RAM and other accessories, this would involve spending an unreasonably large amount of money. Whereas the iMacs, while somewhat more puny, are pretty much self-contained and, more to the point, about 1/3 the price. It would be something to use until it screamed in horror and exploded from the Florida heat, by which point I'd probably have enough money built up to buy a real, manly system.

Buying a Wintel box, even if it shortly thereafter got Linux on it, isn't even under consideration. I like my MacOS, thank you very much you Linux pansies. (Hey, if they can be unreasonably bigoted towards the MacOS, I, at least, feel that this calls for being unreasonably bigoted in return. I scoff openly at your puny efforts! I mock your cute, sappy little mascot! Etc, etc.)

After Mummyage and Mallage, I stopped off at the Feed Lot... er, Golden Corral. For those of you who don't have Golden Corrals where you live, the concept is simple. You go in, pay about 6 dollars, and get access to the big ass buffet 'o food. You then stuff yourself to bloating, whimper softly, and get the friendly and helpful wait-staff to put your stuffed self on a cart and roll you out to your car.

Well, okay, so it's not exactly like that... but you get the picture.

I didn't have any major philosophical realizations this weekend, probably because it was too durn hot and my brain doesn't function well at high temperatures.

Todays' Costume Boy Sightings: None.

The Morning Weather: Cool and pleasant.

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or small woodland creatures of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Squeeze the lemon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT