Filler

Hmm. Tricky, ain't it. I feel obligated to provide my audience with humor, yet it's Saturday and I'm shocked to discover I would rather be doing other things, like going out and bitching about Graduation Day traffic.

Yes, it's graduation day. There are three universities in town. Feel free to extrapolate. Well, it's not Graduation Day so much as Graduation Weekend, which is infinitely worse. So I'll probably be staying in wether I like it or not.

One of my co-workers (who works part time at the place I do, and is graduating this weekend), commented that I should never go back to school. He learned more working for this job than he did in all his classes, apparently. And he got paid to do it, instead of the other way around. I know I can cut it, so I doubt I'll be making an attempt to finish my degree any time soon. Not when I can be paid to learn the latest stuff, instead of paying to learn arcane theories and outdated languages and code. I've never been one for symbolic gestures, and the idea of venting thousands of dollars merely to get a little piece of paper is repellant. We'll see, I guess.

And now, Filler. In lieu of making up my own humor, I've scanned in some crap from a Big Book 'o Manga that you might find amusing. The Japanese put out these massive, phone-book sized monthly volumes of manga, and it's a good place to run into stuff that will likely migrate to television sooner or later (or is migrating to print FROM television). It's also a good place to find amusing tripe. Mmm. Tripe. The following images should need little explanation (and should be read top to bottom, right to left)...

When Commie Mutant Space Frogs Attack!
Frogs... from space!

Human Inginuity Triumphs!
Humanity triumphant!

Tomorrow: More tripe!

Rant 'o the day contains no additives, preservatives or small woodland creatures of any kind. Use only as directed. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Do not fold, spindle, multilate or remove identifying tags. Handle with care. Contains less than 3% milk fat by weight, not by volume. Squeeze the lemon.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT